The day began bright and early on Friday, September 27, 2019, with a breakfast panel at the Royal Sonesta, “What’s Next for Your Business: Transition Planning,” sponsored by PKF Texas and hosted by the Houston Business Journal (HBJ).
The HBJ’s Market President and Publisher, Bob Charlet, moderated the panel, which included:
- J.B. Dollison, Managing Director, Crutchfield Capital
- Matt Goldston, CPA, CVA, CM&AA, Entrepreneurial Advisory Services Director, PKF Texas
- Chris Hatten, CPA, CVA, CM&AA, Transaction Advisory Services Director, PKF Texas
- Joe Morrel, Partner, Porter Hedges
- Robert Shelton, CFA, CAIA, Advisor Services Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Amegy Bank
Because not every business sale is the same and has different working components, the panelists shared their knowledge and insights via anecdotes and personal accounts of trials and tribulations from past deals.